Social media have become the valuable sales tools — if you use them correctly.
In a recent CustomerCollective article, sales blogger David Cancel offered “30 Brilliant Social Media Marketing Tips from 2011“. Here are the best ones for sales:
- Write posts with your audience in mind, not your company.
- Stop worrying about quantity of posts, and start providing your audience with quality content.
- Show appreciation for the social media users who constantly retweet or repost your offers by providing some type of small incentive or discount.
- Test the response rates when posting at different times of the day.
- Think of your social media feeds as a fun place for customers to meet and discuss relevant issues. Do not use social media as a billboard.
- Use social media analytics to find out who your key prospects are, and what their common interests are beyond business.
- Create specific metrics to measure the success of every campaign.
- Use social media to generate instant feedback about products/services.
- Hold contests to ensure customers get in the habit of visiting your feed on a daily basis.
- Offer something of value in return for “like”-ing your company.