April 17, 2012 by Ken Dooley
Posted in: communication, In this week's e-newsletter - Sales & Marketing, Industry Spotlight - Sales & Marketing, Latest News & Views - Sales & Marketing, negotiating
Here are 12 questions a salesperson should try to answer before meeting with a senior-level prospect for the first time:
- What products or services does the prospect’s organization offer?
- What are its major markets and customers?
- What are the most important issues or trends in its industry?
- Who are its major competitors?
- How is it organized? Who are its top managers?
- What strategies are key to its long-term success?
- What’s strategically important to it?
- What is its mission or vision?
- What important initiatives are implemented now?
- What problems or hot spots is it faced with?
- What has been the organization’s performance in the past 1 to 2 years?
- How does it measure success?