For an unprecedented fourth year running, this company tops Fortune Magazine‘s list of the most admired companies. The Winner: Apple.
Here are some of the major reasons why:
- Apple continues to innovate at a breakneck pace, improving existing products and adding new ones to its roster.
- The iPhone has revolutionized communication, and now it’s expanding to Verizon as well.
- Steve Jobs is still leading the charge, even if he’s sitting out for the time being.
- Everything about Apple has a unique brand, from the appearance of its stores, to its digital checkout process (that doesn’t even require going to a counter).
- iTunes continues to shape the future of the music business.
- Quarterly profits are up almost double what they were in this quarter last year.
The bottom line is that Apple stays ahead of the curve because it refuses to be complacent. Like most great companies, the goal for Apple is to continually evolve not only with the times, but ahead of them.
For a full list of Fortune Magazine’s Most Admired Companies, click here.