November 13, 2012 by Christian Schappel
Posted in: communication, In this week's e-newsletter - Sales & Marketing, Industry Spotlight - Sales & Marketing, Latest News & Views - Sales & Marketing
These are five of the top business card mistakes. Are you guilty of any?
- Microscopic print. Text is the most important part of the card – not an image. Your name, phone number and website must be legible.
- No physical address. This gives off the impression that you work from home.
- Slick texture. Yes, it’s important to stand out – but don’t do it by making your card impossible to write on.
- Odd size, shape. Again, you want to stand out – just don’t make it too bulky to carry. If it doesn’t fit in a standard wallet, go back to the drawing board.
- Homemade. Perforated, light-weight cards scream “I’m cheap.”