More than 40% of managers who make use of this tactic report it has increased daily productivity across the board.
The tactic: consistent, in-house, on-the-job training.
On top of which, 35% insist the training provides a consistent, long-term boost to morale.
This according to a recent TechRepublic study, which also found departments that foster ongoing in-house training and development report:
- lower turnover, as a result of managers providing a consistently challenging environment for staffers at all levels
- more opportunities for promotion, as managers spot specific leadership skills quicker and/or continue developing staffers to reach higher levels of success
- stronger communication, thanks to the manager having constant interaction with the rank-and-file
- higher levels of staff empowerment, as employees are often chosen to mentor new trainees, and
- more adherence to company rules and processes, as employees are constantly reminded of the importance of both.