July 17, 2012 by Ken Dooley
Posted in: In this week's e-newsletter - Sales & Marketing, Industry Spotlight - Sales & Marketing, Latest News & Views - Sales & Marketing, sales management
Here are the 15 biggest mistakes unsuccessful salespeople make:
- They talk too much.
- They give information before they get information.
- They fail to observe and integrate early prospect signals.
- They fail to effectively manage rejection and failure.
- They sell when they should prospect, and prospect when they should sell.
- They don’t listen and take notes while the prospect is talking.
- They inject their own values or buying prejudices into the sales process.
- They don’t effectively read buyer signals and act accordingly.
- They sell features and price rather than value and customer benefits.
- They don’t keep good records or evaluate their wins and losses.
- They don’t work as hard to keep the business as they did to get it.
- They don’t ask for the business.
- They focus on making the sale rather than selling the relationship.
- They don’t invest enough time and money in their self-development.
- They confuse the importance of knowing with that of caring.